Yep, I’m traveling again. A very short trip. A trip by car.
Your assignment, should you choose to accept it, is to determine where.
None of you friends or family who know the location are allowed to play. That simply wouldn’t be fair.
Here are the clues:
1) It is within a three to six hour driving range from L’Anse, Michigan, our fair home.
2) You can see one of the Great Lakes from the hotel.
3) This place was once home to more millionaires (per capita) than any other city in the world.
4) If you are eating any grain today, it probably visited this city.
5) It has very little smog pollution.
6) 3.5 million tourists visit per year. And I guess that means I’m one of them.
7) The average snowfall is 77.6 inches. That’s not much.
8) The first European to visit the area was supposedly from France. (ha ha, that’s not much of a clue!) You can’t know his name, because you would be able to google it too easily. He was lured by stories told by the natives of the Western Sea. Probably the Great Salt Lake in Utah. No, I’m not that far from home.
9) I’ll be home Sunday.
10) The town really has lovely hotels, restaurants, coffee shops!, book stores and places to explore the Great Outdoors.
You’ll see photos tomorrow! And maybe the next day! Good luck with the guessing game.